Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Awesome Afternoon Nap!

Today i helped a friend pour a 3000 square foot concrete basement. For anyone who's ever worked with concrete, you know it's a tough job. No i didn't help him with the finishing (which involves a lot more back breaking labour), but raking concrete and moving around the line pump all the time takes great effort. Not to mention the fact that we started at 6:00 a.m! Six! Who starts work at six in the morning? That meant getting up just after 4:00 so i had time to get ready and get to the job site.

Which brings me to the point of this post. I like afternoon naps. Especially after hard work like today. Not only do i like the naps, i like when my body tells me i need to sleep longer than i wanted to. Sure i set my alarm. Sure i hear the alarm. I acknowledge the alarm long enough to turn it off, roll over, and fall right back to sleep.

The Awesome Afternoon Nap. One of the little pleasures in life.

1 comment:

JuliaD said...

i can't nap. it makes me grumpy and then i can't sleep at night. sigh. i wish i understood this amazing thing people seem to love called 'nap'