Sunday, September 6, 2009

Wisdom.

The pastor we currently have at church is old. 73. Don't tell me that's not old. It is. This morning the sermon was entitled "Moses: The Reluctant Prophet", and after the service, i (remember now that i'm 32) went up to him and told him that he had done a good job. I felt weird saying that to him, but at the same time, i know that he knows what i meant. I have learnt so much from him. The wisdom that he has, which he has past down, sometimes without even his knowing, is a remarkable thing to be a part of. Some people go their entire lives without a mentor like that to steer them in the right direction.

And so the reason for this post. 

As the school year looms, with only 1 day until classes start, i find myself questioning things that i have no control over, as well as things that i do have control over. 

I thoroughly enjoy school, and expect that until the day i see my Lord face to face i will continue to be involved in educating myself to some degree, and maybe passing some of that wisdom onto others. I only hope that God will grant me wisdom such as that of my pastor and mentor. 

No comments: